Lauren and Luke are the owners of PhysioPod Co. which is a joint Physiotherapy and Podiatry practice in Geelong VIC. Lauren is a Sports & Women’s Health Physio while Luke is a Sports Podiatrist and bike fitter both having worked in the public setting, private practice and with elite athletes before starting PhysioPod Co. Lauren has previously been the Head Physiotherapist for the Australian Skeleton team and lead Physiotherapist of the Australian sliding sports team (skeleton, luge and bobsled) at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games ; while Luke has managed NRL, NBL and elite Triathletes.
PhysioPod Co has a keen focus on women’s health, pregnancy and female athlete injury both from a physiotherapy and podiatry perspective. Lauren and Luke started the clinic understanding the unique care needed to manage female pain and sports injury, creating a safe, calming environment for management. They also created the Collective Body Consult which is a unique joint appointment with both Physiotherapy and Podiatry assessing, diagnosing and treating patients together.
Key points of talk:
- The unique female foot and ankle anatomy and biomechanics
- What happens to the feet and lower limb during pregnancy
- The impact of activity on the feet during pregnancy
- The common pain and injuries to expect
- What can be done to prevent foot pain and injury during pregnancy and the role of footwear
- Key management strategies when issues arise
Non- Members of FitRight ProfessionalEd: $30 + GST
Members of FitRight ProfessionalEd: Online – FREE in private FB group
FitRight Instructors: Online – FREE in private FB group
Want to sign up as a ProfessionalEd member?
Email us at email@example.com and we will organise this for you!